The Canadian Center for Computational Genomics (C3G) at McGill University offers a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where projects bring concrete contributions to the advancement of research in fields such as human health and the environment. Our team is composed of people that are passionate about what they are doing, and that work with cutting edge sequencing technologies and high performance computing equipment.
Learn more about why McGill is an exciting place to work: https://www.mcgill.ca/careers/why-mcgill
Under the supervision of the Bioinformatics Manager, the Bioinformatics Consultant will perform analysis at the McGill’s Canadian Center for Computational Genomics (C3G). He will contribute to the development of analysis pipelines associated with Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) instruments. He will participate to the technical development group and perform statistical analysis to facilitate genomics data interpretation. He will work closely with the C3G team, and scientists at the center. He will be exposed to a wide variety of novel sequencing technologies, bioinformatics approaches, and state of the art computing resources in a dedicated facility for high-throughput sequencing and large-scale genomic studies.
- Participate to the Technical Development group and provide Standard Operation Procedure and analysis.
- Use and develop analysis pipelines using in-house and 3rd party tools or algorithms, and incorporate them into specialized analysis workflows.
- Participate in the development of bioinformatics solutions for the analysis of complex genomic datasets.
- Update and extend bioinformatics tools and software methods used or developed at the C3G.
- Provide detailed reports with analysis results and descriptions of methods used.
- Contribute to problem-solving discussions.
- Provide regular internal reports regarding the progress of projects (oral presentations).
- Keep online documentation up-to-date, explaining the services offered and the analysis methods used.
- Stay informed of the most relevant bioinformatics practices in genomics.
- Manage several analysis projects at the same time.
Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities
- MSc in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- One (1) years of experience in bioinformatics or genomics research
- Excellent understanding of statistics is a must.
- Experience with Python is a requirement.
- Good knowledge of R, git, and bash is needed.
- Additional programming experience (perl and java) is an asset.
- Experience in using HPC environment.
- Experience lecturing in training workshops is desirable.
- Good communication and writing skills in French and English is also required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
*Please submit your cover letter and resume as one [.PDF].
Submit your application online by clicking HERE and indicate the job title and McGill Number MT0144.