Summer Internships 2019
C3G is an academic bioinformatics and computational genomics platform that provides customized and case-by-case consulting services for the processing and statistical analysis of large genomic data sets and develop software solutions for the research community (academia, government and industry).
We are seeking applicants with strong interest in either one of the following areas of bioinformatics:
- Software Development. To implement python based genomics pipelines and genomics analysis tools for C3G (Python, Perl, Java, R).
- Web and Database Development. To develop APIs and user applications for C3G, making genomic data accessible in the context of Open Science.
- Microbiome and Metagenome Analysis. To support C3G in the development of its microbiome axis (statistical analysis, visualization, training).
- Epigenomics data analysis. The Bourque lab is looking for someone with interests in genomic data mining (statistical analysis, python, R).
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid Canadian study permit.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, returning to their current registered faculty in fall 2019.
- Availability for full-time and on-site commitment for the duration of the internship.
How To Apply
Complete the form found at www.computationalgenomics.ca/careers, entering internship in the Job ID/Title field.
Monday, February 18, 2019, 12 PM (noon) EST.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the application deadline.
McGill University and Génome Québec Innovation Centre, 740 Docteur Penfield, Montréal, Québec H3A 1G0.
Hours/Week & Schedule And Hourly Wage
Successful candidates will be hired as a McGill casual research assistant paid 33.75 hours per week at a rate determined by the AMUSE collective agreement, plus 4% vacation pay and a 3.6% statutory holiday indemnity added to the hourly rate.
Planned Start & End Date
May 1 to August 31 2019, with the possibility of extension.