Summer Internships 2021
C3G is a bioinformatics and computational genomics academic platform that provides case-by-case consulting services for the analysis and organization of large genomic data sets in addition to developing software solutions for the research community.
We are seeking applicants with a strong interest in either one of the following areas of bioinformatics:
- Software Development. To implement python-based genomics pipelines and genomics analysis tools for C3G (typically Python, R, Perl, or Java).
- Web and Database Development. To develop APIs and user applications for C3G, making genomic data accessible in the context of Open Science.
- Epigenomics data analysis. The Bourque lab is looking for someone with an interest in genomic data mining (statistical analysis, python, R).
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid Canadian study permit.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, returning to their current registered faculty in the 2021 fall semester.
- Availability for full-time commitment for the duration of the internship.
How To Apply
Complete the form at www.computationalgenomics.ca/careers, entering internship in the Job ID/Title field.
Monday, February 1, 2021, 12 PM (noon) EST.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the application deadline.
Remotely or at the McGill Genome Centre, 740 Docteur Penfield, Montréal, Québec H3A 1G0.
Hours/Week & Schedule And Hourly Wage
Successful candidates will be hired as McGill Undergraduate/Graduate Research Trainees and paid by stipend at an hourly rate of $13.75 (33.75 hours per week).
Planned Start & End Date
May 3 to August 31, 2021.